Zion Vision Statement
The vision of Zion is to grow a strong church full of compassionate people who love and worship God with all of their being, and with His healing love, impact our world with the Gospel through compelling ministry, and disciple them into mature followers of Christ.
Worship / Healing
Discipleship / Released in your gifting and calling
Evangelism / Apostolic / Missions
Having a purpose and a vision to live out is crucial for life, meaning and community. Why do we meet together as a people and why do we do the things we do? These questions are answered through our mission statement which keeps us focused on our purpose and our reason for existence.
What is our purpose? We believe God has brought us to the heart of Winnipeg to minister to the hearts of people. This will be accomplished by: “Growing closer to God, Growing closer to each other, Growing the Kingdom of God in Winnipeg and beyond.” This is based on the teachings of Jesus:
- Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul and…mind.” This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:36-40)
- He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe…” Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed His word by the signs that accompanied it. (Mark 16:15-20)
- To worship God with sincere love and passion.
- To share the Good News of Jesus with others.
- To connect with other believers in meaningful relationships.
- To equip disciples to fulfill their purpose.
- To plant and establish new communities of seekers and believers.
Our Core Values as a Community of Believers:
Who are we? Presence Driven – Worship – Healing – Prayer – Evangelistic – Prophetic
What are we? Sending Church – Birthing Church – Mentoring Church – Giving Church – Mission Involved (local, national, global)
- We value relationships rather than organizations. We value right relationships with God and with one another. We recognize that authority comes from relationship and not position alone.
- We value the unity of the Body of Christ. We believe there must be unity in the essentials and a respect and honoring for the diversity in the non-essentials.
- We value prayer and worship together. We are a presence-driven church, believing that vision, healing, life and mission come from being in the presence of God.
- We value the five-fold ministry as described in Ephesians 4 for the maturing of the saints, raising up new leaders and equipping the next generation. Our strengths at Zion are the Apostolic and Prophetic gifts. Church planting and releasing leaders as well as other people with a call of God on their lives is something we practice and believe in strongly.
- We value giving as a foundational part of our church. This is characterized by giving of finances, time and resources to one another and to those in need. We also believe in giving for the mission of the Good News of Jesus Christ locally, nationally and globally which includes sending equipped and trained people to different people groups with that Good News.
- We value the Word of God as truth and absolute for right living and hope for eternal life.